Being a small business owner can be challenging.
There are a lot of things you need to do right for your business to succeed. Accounting, staff management, advertising… The list goes on and on.
But the best thing you can do to ensure the success of your company is have a robust digital presence. That means you need a high-quality, converting, eCommerce-capablea website. Luckily,this is very easy to do, especially if you use WooCommerce.
What Is WooCommerce?
From a high-level view, WooCommerce is simply an eCommerce plugin you install and use for websites built in WordPress. But it’s also so much more: It lets you have a lot more freedom when it comes to designing your eCommerce website so you can be in full control.
Regardless of what you are selling, how you want to sell it, and who you want to sell it to, WooCommerce can help you sell it faster.
How Can WooCommerce Benefit a Small Business?
Many small business owners underestimate the importance of a website’s design. Believe it or not, websites with bad designs scare away around 60% of their visitants, and 94% of the first impressions are also influenced by a website’s design.
How, then, can a small business benefit from WooCommerce? First of all, WooCommerce is…
- Very Easy To Set Up: WooCommerce is one of the simplest WordPress plugins to set up and use.
- Has Plenty of Resources and Documentation: Thanks to being used by more than 3.9 million online stores, it’s easy to find resources and documentation if you need help.
- Flexible, with Many Options: You can do anything with WooCommerce — from selling physical and digital products to setting up different payment options.
- Filled with Features: It also has some of the most reliable features you can find, including (but not limited to) inventory management, currency, and shipping calculators.
- Reach Your Audience: Because of how WooCommerce streamlines processes and gathers data, you can come up with offers for your audience, or target a wider audience with a different approach. The better you reach your audience, the more sales you get.
By making your website look better and run better, your business will have a better retention rate, influence more sales, and increase customer satisfaction!
Best Practices for Small Business Owners New to WooCommerce
Have you heard of the phrase: A bad workman always blames his tools? Well, this can also apply to WooCommerce as well. No matter how good a tool is, it can still be misused!
Design-wise, you can follow these eCommerce website samples to guide you. In the meantime, here are some best practices you should follow when designing your website.
- Hire a reliable hosting service (this will save you many headaches!)
- Pick a WordPress theme that suits your business.
- Optimize how your customers can navigate and buy products.
- Pay attention to and reduce loading speeds.
- Ensure your customer’s data is as safe as possible.
- Use Google Analytics to track all your customers and revenue.
- Manage your inventory to secure customer satisfaction.
- Integrate WooCommerce features into other WordPress business tools.
Following these practices will make it easier to sell your products and services and handle all the data you may gather.
You Don’t Have To Do It Alone
There’s the option of relying on a professional service provider to help you set up your website, too.
The recent explosion of eCommerce has made it much easier to find the perfect service provider to get your eCommerce site up and running. There are a few companies that offer web design services for small companies to help them solidify their online presence and ultimately be more successful.
Hiring a service provider not only guarantees top-quality results but also reduces the amount of work and research you’ll have to do. And remember, the faster you start, the quicker you can expect to sell!
Leave a Reply