SCNotification.exe is an executable exe file that is part of the SCNotification process included with Microsoft’s System Center Configuration Manager software. If the scnotification exe process in Windows 10 is critical, you should exercise caution while eliminating it. The SCNotification.exe process may occasionally consume an excessive amount of CPU or GPU resources. Malware or a virus may be executing in the background.
What exactly is scnotification.exe?
scnotification.exe is a component of Microsoft Corporation’s Microsoft Window Operating System software. This file may be required for some apps or games to function properly. If scnotification.exe is corrupted, you may get various issues when you launch the application/game.
Is scnotification.exe infected with a virus?
It may find the legitimate scnotification.exe process in the c: windows ccm scnotification.exe folder. It may be malware if it is seen elsewhere, as a virus can take on any identity. Some viruses may masquerade as scnotification.exe and reside in the Windows or System32 folders. One approach to validate is to right-click on the file and scan it with anti-virus software.
SCNotification exe Removal and Uninstallation
Follow the procedures below to delete SCNotification.exe from your computer. If SCNotification.exe were part of the program you installed on your computer, this would remove it.
- If the file is part of a software application, it will also include an uninstaller.
- Then, execute the Uninstaller, which may find in a location such as C: Program Files>Microsoft>System Center Configuration Manager>SCNotification> SCNotification.exe uninstall.exe.
- Alternatively, if SCNotification.exe was installed using the Windows Installer, it should be uninstalled.
- Then, in the search field, type SCNotification.exe or the software name System Center Configuration Manager, or try the developer name Microsoft.
- Then, click it and choose the Uninstall Program option to delete the SCNotification.exe file from your computer. The program System Center Configuration Manager and the file SCNotification.exe will now be uninstalled from your computer.