Knowing the IP address of a router is very useful for better control of your network. It is enough to read the instruction manual of the router to find out the IP address, but if you no longer have the user manual or the box with you, it becomes much more difficult. So, with this guide I’ll explain how to find your router’s IP address, regardless of model.
The IP address of the router is necessary to access the settings of the device and your network. For this it is essential to have the ip address. In case of connectivity problems that are common to the whole network, the router / modem is the first thing to check. So, let’s jump right into this and see how to find your router’s IP address. Don’t worry, it’s really easy !
One of the most common IP addresses for routers is 192.168.1.1 & 192.168.0.1 . So, before trying the methods in this guide to find the router’s IP address, try typing 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of your browser, or click on one of the commonly predefined IP addresses for the various routers you will find. following.
There are two methods to identify your router / modem’s IP address :
Method 1 :-
- In the Windows search bar (or by clicking on the Start button and typing directly), search for ” Control Panel ” and then open it.
- Under the section Network and Internet , click on View network status and tasks.
- Click on the name of your wireless network (or LAN).
- In the window that opens, click on ” Details … ”
- The IP address of the router is the value of “ Default Gateway IP “.
Method 2 :-
- Open Command Prompt on Windows (by searching for Prompt or from the Start menu).
- At the prompt, write ipconfig and press Enter.
- Again, the router address will be the one corresponding to the Default Gateway.
As you can see, finding your router’s IP address is really easy, you just need to know where to look. In most cases, you just need to try one of the most commonly used one, but in case you are using a more sophisticated solution, with these methods you will be able to find the IP of the router in any situation.